Days: Monday 18th, Tuesday 19th, Wednesday 20th February 2019 OR Wednesday 20th, Thursday 21st and Friday 22nd February 2019 (half-term)
Times: Monday- Wednesday 10-12pm, Wednesday- Friday 12:30-2:30pm
Children can have brilliant subject knowledge and still not reach their full potential in tests. There can be lots of reasons for this, but the ‘main offenders’ tend to be:
* Poor timekeeping
* Lack of confidence
* Not using exam techniques
To develop skills needed for Year 6 SATs, I am delivering a bespoke program over three mornings this half-term. The children will discover how to:
* Slow down thinking if they’re prone to rushing, or work more quickly if they’re not finishing on time.
* Realise the strength of their subject knowledge to build self-confidence and resilience.
* Use strategies to approach SATs questions in a methodical, efficient way.
We do this by:
* Using past SATs paper questions across Reading, Mathematics and SPaG so the children gain practical experience of tackling tricky questions.
* Supporting children with qualified teachers who share years of SATs experience and strategies.
* Providing engaging activities that interest children, capture their imagination and therefore help retain information.
Well done for getting to the end! Here’s some more details:
When? Monday 18th February to Wednesday 20th February.
What time? 10-12pm
Where? Heaton Moor United Church (on the corner of Stanley Road and Heaton Moor Road)
How much? £60 per child
For more information, or even if you just fancy a chat about the SATs, please drop me a line.
Email: [email protected]