Each week we will concentrate on one of the six senses, Smell & Taste, Hearing, Vision, Balance & Movement and Touch. Families will receive one item to take home, which can be added to their own personal Treasure Baskets.
Families will gain knowledge around Treasure Baskets and Sensory Play. Babies will be able to explore for themselves and with the help from their grown up.
Some sessions during the course will include Messy Play, Crafting & designing but all will include movement to music, time to play and our amazing bubbles.
What to expect….
When families arrive you will be invited to join in our circle time which will include a short explanation of the theme/topic of the session plus our hello song. Treasure Baskets will be available for babies to enjoy through out the session.
We will spend time enjoying natural and real world objects together and finish with a short movement to music session.
Once the session has finished, families attending at JungleCatz will be able to sit down stairs and enjoy the playgym (included) and its refreshments (at an extra cost).
• Babies learn to play independently .
• Babies are given the freedom to explore, experiment and discover what objects can do.
• Heuristic play objects help maintain interest, satisfies natural curiosity and increases prolonged periods of concentration.
• Allows baby to explore objects, finding out what they can do, noise they make etc
• Develops hand to eye co-ordination and learning about shape, size, depth and texture.
Mini Treasure Baskets is a 5 week course at a cost of £40 per family (children must be siblings) which includes one Heuristic play object each week (5 in total).
The course runs at JungleCatz on Tuesdays and at Gildersome Children’s centre on Wednesday’s.
Booking is required.