Our ‘Baby Nurture’ classes focus not just on the health and well-being of babies, but also that of parents too! Classes are small and nurturing to ensure this!
The first way parents can communicate with their babies is through positive touch. Baby massage uses Swedish and Indian massage techniques, and provides a gentle and relaxing way to communicate with your baby and encourage and deepen bonding. This makes our ‘Baby Nurture’ the perfect class to begin your journey as parent and baby together!
Parents are natural ‘nurturers’ who love, teach, develop and support their babies to enable them to grow to their full potential. At ‘Once Upon the Mat’ we are passionate about the nurturing of parents too! Our ethos underpins the philosophy that parents must also be nurtured within a positive and supportive environment in order to maximise their role as nurturers to their babies. That’s why when you experience a ‘Once Upon the Mat’ class you will immediately be welcomed into a non-judgemental, friendly, safe space where you will be remembered by name and indulged with every attention to be made to feel special! This is how we feel we are different to other classes! Not only this but the classes offer huge benefits for parents too!
Suitable for babies from birth to pre-crawling which runs over a 4 week period. Each week we will focus on a different body part, which will build up to a full body massage.
Participants will also receive as part of the course:
– ‘Once Upon the Mat’ tote bag
– Personalised baby’s name hooded towel (to bring to class and yours to keep after the course!)
– A bottle of compressed sunflower seed oil.
– ‘Baby Nurture’ massage handbook.
– Invitation to private ‘Baby Nurture’ Facebook group.
– Join our ‘Mama Tribe’ social & baby events throughout the year.
– Priority booking to ‘Baby Discovery’ classes (subject to availability).